Ethos & Purpose
At Mindarie Primary School we are committed to providing a holistic, relevant education for each child that will provide a strong foundation for future learning in a rapidly changing, diverse society.
The following principles underpin the delivery of the curriculum in each of the learning areas:
- We are committed to high standards of academic achievement, particularly in literacy and numeracy.
- We provide developmentally appropriate programs for each child to ensure that their learning is optimised.
- We encourage each person to achieve their personal best in all undertakings and to acknowledge, respect and celebrate the efforts of others.
- We are committed to developing authentic relationships between children, parents and staff based on care, mutual respect and open communication.
- We recognise and value each person’s uniqueness and encourage their individuality.
- We appreciate and respect cultural and religious difference and are committed to developing attitudes which support harmony in our multicultural society.
- We encourage each child to actively participate in decisions about their own learning and the way in which our school community works together.
- We see ourselves as a community of learners and plan for the broad and continuous learning of both children and adults.
- We encourage each person to develop critical thinking, creative imagination and interpersonal skills across the different domains.
- We foster reflective and critical thinking in order to develop in each child self reliance and personal discipline in their learning.
- We offer a safe environment where each person has fair access to the available resources.
- The Mindarie School Plan is developed in consultation with the school community. It clearly outlines the teaching and learning strategies that will be implemented to achieve the major outcomes.