Dear Parents and Caregivers,
As you would be aware, last Friday the Premier announced the further relaxing of restrictions as we enter Phase 3 of the WA Roadmap to recovery effective as of Saturday, 6 June 2020. As part of the announcement parents/carers will be permitted to enter school grounds to drop off or pick up their children from Monday, 8 June.
We have now received the Department of Education’s communication regarding how these changes will impact schools.
- Number of parents/carers limited to a maximum of 100 at any time with physical distancing of one person per 2 square metres and good hygiene practices applied. This will need to be strictly adhered to as we have over 540 families.
- Current arrangements for pick-up and drop off via the school gates will remain in place with gates opening at 8.25 am and 2.45 pm.
- As the number of parents/carers on school grounds is limited to a maximum of 100 at any time we, as an administration staff propose the following occurs- students entering the grounds independently do so through the following gates – ‘kiss and drive’, Abbeville Circle gate closest to the bike cage, oval gate (which will be through the basketball courts).
- Pre-Primary students and Kindergarten students enter via the Kindy/Pre-Primary gate they have been using – they can enter independently or with parents – we will have Education Assistants at this gate and we will be doing a head count of adults as they enter and exit.
- All other parents can enter or exit the school grounds via the front Administration gates, again a head count will be done as parents enter and exit the grounds. Students wishing to enter independently can also enter via this gate.
- At the end of the school day again we ask that parents wishing to enter the school grounds do so via the two entry gates; Pre-Primary and Kindergarten via the lower gate and the front gate. Again, to ensure that we remain true to the requirements of only 100 parents on site these gates will be manned and a head count taken. Pre-Primary and Kindergarten children will be brought to this gate as they are at this present time.
- Children leaving the school grounds independently will exit via the gate that they entered through.
- Siblings currently picking up their younger brothers and sisters can still do so.
Parent Contact with Teachers
- Parents/carers can come on to the school grounds to attend scheduled meetings with school staff, this is by appointment only. Please email your child’s teacher if you wish to make an appointment.
- The same applies to parents wishing to make a meeting with a member of the administration staff.
- Teachers will be setting up family Seesaw to further enhance communication between the school and home.
- Interschool activities with a total not exceeding 100 people for indoor settings and not exceeding 300 people in outdoor settings can occur.
- Contact sport and training is permitted.
- Interschool sports can occur with a total not exceeding 100 people for indoor settings and not exceeding 300 people in outdoor settings.
- Assemblies remain cancelled as there is a limit of 100 people indoors at any time, we will continue creating virtual assemblies which we look forward to sharing with parents, hopefully in term four.
- Parents on the school site are asked to abide by the social distancing requirements. There are black markers set at the appropriate distances, parents waiting for children can use these markers to ensure that social distancing is in place.
- Classroom doors entrances will be marked with a box that delineated the required 1.5-meter distancing. Parents on the site are asked to stand clear of this. This is to ensure the teacher is abiding by the 1.5-meter distancing.
Students who are Unwell
Students who are unwell must remain at home. Students who present as unwell at school will be sent home. Please ensure that their pick up is prompt as we need to ensure that our office staff are not exposed to students who are presenting as unwell.
Collecting Students Throughout the School Day
If you need to collect your child/ren during the school day, can you please call to let the front office staff know beforehand. When you arrive at school, please wait at the Administration gate area and ring again. Your child/ren will then be sent to your car. The office staff will complete the sign out processes for you.
Cleaning and Hygiene
Cleaners will continue to work throughout the day to ensure all high-use areas, such as benchtops, desks, doorknobs, taps and hand rails, are regularly cleaned and surfaces disinfected.
Thank you all so much for the way you have all continued to support the school through the ongoing changes brought about by COVID-19.