Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Our updates on Covid-19 for today:
- Our school library is now closed. All books currently on loan from the library must be returned to classrooms immediately and no borrowing will occur until further notice.
- The hand dryers in toilet blocks will be turned off. Paper towel and rubbish bins have been supplied in all toilets.
- All our staff, front office, teaching and administration are receiving countless emails regarding attendance. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your decision to keep your children home. These are being read, however please appreciate that these may not be replied to.
- It is imperative that parents and guardians inform the school if you are not sending children to school. On top of our already increased workload, our office staff have spent countless hours today contacting parents to confirm the whereabouts of your children.
- Today, the Western Australian Department of Education have launched a Learning at Home website for parents wishing to keep their children at home. Please follow this link: https://www.education.wa.edu.au/learning-at-home
- In addition to these resources, as a school we have released a learning at home pack, also on our school website. Aside from your child’s iMaths workbook, no other learning packages will be provided to parents of students absent from school. Please appreciate that the focus for our teachers is on classroom learning. https://mindarieprimary.wa.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Working-from-Home-Package.pdf
Outside of School Hours
Students are not to arrive at school before 8:15am unless attending Senior Choir.
Children are to be picked up at 2.45pm unless attending before / after school care. This is a matter of safety and security.
On Friday the 20th March, we received confirmation from The Schools Curriculum and Standards Authority that NAPLAN has been cancelled this year. I thank you for all of the work that you have already done with your children with regards to this, so far this year.
It is imperative that parents and guardians inform the school if you are not sending children to school. On top of our already increased workload, our office staff have spent countless hours contacting parents to confirm the whereabouts of your children.
Please keep sick children who are genuinely sick at home. Children with bad coughs, sore throats, sneezing and so forth. This will reduce the work load and stress levels of all at school. Please advise the school office via email, Connect or the absentee notification link.
Thank you in advance for your support. If you wish to discuss any of the above, please phone the school. Please be assured that we will provide you with updates as we are provided with them.
March 23 2020