Dear Parents and Caregivers,
The Premier of Western Australia and the Minister of Education of Western Australia today announced the following:
From Monday 30 March (Week 9), schools will remain open. However, we encourage all families to keep your children at home. The school will remain open for children of parents or guardians who are essential service workers or who do not have alternative care arrangements. Please keep up to date with the programs that have been added to the Mindarie Primary School ‘Learning‘ page on our website.
From Monday 6 April (Week 10), schools will officially close and teachers will cease teaching. The Minster of Education has advised schools to provide childcare, if needed, to children of parents or guardians who are essential service workers or who do not have alternative care arrangements. This will not be teaching time. They will be supervised by Education Assistants, under the direction of Teaching Staff. This care will cease at 2:45pm on Thursday 9 April.
During Week 10, the Minister of Education has advised us that staff are to be preparing a plan for our distance learning model for Term 2 and beyond. What this looks like at this point in time, is still in planning.
Moving forward, I acknowledge that this a scary and difficult time. We are all in this together. Thank you.
Thank you for your dedication to our students. Thank you for the compassion that you have shown to our teachers, our administrators, support staff and office staff.
School Drop Off and Pick Up – Essential Students Only
Thank you for managing this mornings transition to a social distance model of drop off. I will leave this in todays update for reference.
- All school gates will be now opened at 8:25am and locked at 8:45am.
- No parents will be permitted to enter school grounds to drop off or pick up students.
- Children will be met at all school gates by a staff member and asked to go to their classes.
- Kindy and PP students are to enter and exit via the stairs near the basketball courts where they will be met by teachers who will take children to classes.
- Parents/ Caregivers of students in other year levels are to arrange with their child the specific gate that they are to enter and exit – reinforce this when you drop off your children.
- Please allow safe social distancing of 1.5m while you are dropping off and picking up.
iMaths Books & School Photos
- iMaths books belonging to students who are not returning to school will be left on tables outside the front office in year groups. Please come and collect at any time between 9:00am and 2:00pm daily. Please practice good social distancing during this time.
Library Books/ Home Readers
- Please return these to the boxes outside the front office gates.
Other Updates on COVID-19 for Today:
Emergency SMS System
Yesterday, we sent out an SMS from the school servers. These messages will be sent in critical update situations.
Distance Learning at Mindarie Primary School
We know that families are in the process of setting up learning spaces for children at home – its going to be a journey for you all!
What we have learned over the last few years is that students love the flexible learning opportunities that we provide at school. This means that it could look very different from family to family, and very different from when we were all at school. Share your learning environments with us at school and we will update our Learning Page with pictures of these spaces.
March 26 2020